AddressZimbabwe National Defence University View map
The ME offers a five year Bachelor of Science (Honours) Mechanical Engineering (BME) including a one year industrial attachment. The programme is designed to equip prospective Mechanical Engineers with requisite knowledge, skills and competencies for modern mechanical engineering. The programme prepares students for advanced studies in the Mechanical Engineering field and in line with modern Mechanical Engineering standards.
Prospective students must satisfy the entry requirements specified in the ZNDU General Academic Regulations as follows:
- Normal Entry: Applicants should normally have five ‘O’ level passes (including English Language and Mathematics) and at least 2 ‘A’ Level science passes (including Mathematics, Physics and any other relevant Science subject).
- Special Entry: Five Ordinary Level passes (including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject) and a relevant National Diploma with at least three years post-diploma working experience.
Structure of (BME) Programme
- The minimum duration of the programme is 10 semesters.
- To successfully complete the programme, a student must accumulate a minimum of 582 credits
- All students must successfully complete a period of industrial attachment of at least 8 months to be covered during the fourth year. Industrial attachment may be waivered for candidates with proven industrial experience and satisfactorily evaluated as provided for in the Faculty Regulations.
- All students are expected to register with a relevant professional Engineering body.
Career opportunities available to graduates include Mechanical Engineering in the private and public sectors, Research Institutions, Academia, Consultancy and entrepreneurship.