AddressZimbabwe National Defence University View map
This is a 4 year degree programme inclusive of a one year industrial attachment. The programme equips students with knowledge, skills and competences in the field of Aviation Management, Air Traffic Control and Air Navigation Studies. The programme also prepares graduates for further studies and lifelong learning in Aviation Science and in line with modern aviation standards.
Entry Requirements for HAVA
Prospective students must satisfy the entry requirements specified in the ZNDU General Academic Regulations.
- Normal Entry: Applicants should normally have five ‘O’ level passes (including English Language and Mathematics) and at least 2 ‘A’ Level science passes (including Mathematics, Physics and any other relevant Science subject).
- Special Entry: Five Ordinary Level passes (including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject) and a relevant National Diploma with at least three years post-diploma working experience.
Structure of HAVA Programme
- The minimum duration of HAVA is 8 semesters.
- During the first two years of study, students will undergo foundation courses, with the third year reserved for the flying lessons while the final year is for consolidation.
- In order to successfully complete the programme, a student must accumulate a minimum of 510 credits as reflected in the regulations.
- A student is expected to complete industrial attachment for a minimum of 8 months during the third year of study
Graduates can be employed in the Aviation industry, Research Institutions, Academia, Consultancy and Entrepreneurship.